Monday 30 June 2014

The leather bracelet cuff wristband thingy

Always last to arrive at anything.  A lament that my children have heard so many times is from me  asking them why we can't ever be X or Y by the allotted time. It's not like me to be late in picking up on a fashion trend though.  But I am late to the point of rudeness to this particular party.  Leather wristbands. Ping - the light goes on. Then it hit me that I need a leather bracelet cuff thingy.  Why this thought had not dawned before is anyone's guess as it is clear to me now that everyone else had picked up on the ability of a leather band with a bit of hardware attached to update an outfit. Understated and a bit rock and roll and definitely synonymous with all things youthful.  So now you understand the need.

These are the ones that I'm more than a little interested in.  Code for infatuated. 

Whistles leather knot bracelet £45


This one is less boho and more minimal which I think is the look I'm trying to achieve   Less beady and betasselled. I doubt that is even a word by the way so don't be tempted to use it at home.

This one would be ideal if it weren't for the hefty price tag. It's real gold apparently. Rolling eyes....It kind of defeats the object as no one expects it to be real, so why disappoint.

Astley Clark leather bracelet £175



This is another which has been reduced to £29.50. I like the tan leather. Less sold of the Swarovski crystals but then that's just me. It does look a little less edgy so it's an entry level leather bracelet as opposed to hard as nails Olympic standard Suzi Quattro leather cuff.

Finesse at John Lewis £29.50



As I'm off to the States soon (counting the sleeps now)I had to have a peek at some of my favourite American shopping outlets.

This Tory Burch one is practically perfect in every way. I spotted this one at Nordstrom and  I'm pretty sure it must be available in a UK store.


Tory Burch wrap bracelet 







It's $ 95 so with a bit of sales tax it'll be about sixty quid for a flash of designer wrist candy.



 For after dark I thought that this By Malene Birger version would make quite a statement. A bit tricky to wear maybe.

By Malene Birger at MyWardrobe 





Back to earth. Kurt Geiger always come up with leather goods for cool styling. Like I said this isn't meant to be about chic fine jewellery   Think of it more of an alternative festival wristband replacement for those of us who prefer Glasto ( oh and weren't Arcade Fire the biz on Friday) from the comfort of our sofa. £35 or only £19.50 if you like the deep blue colour way.

Kurt Geiger pin leather cuff



How utterly sleek is that?

Not exactly grunge. Not the badge of honour of a Metallica fan in sight more about a casual luxe way to update an outfit and show off a tanned wrist this summer. Plus plus plus. I have found that as these cuff thingies are generally on the chunky side, they make even the thickest wrist look like it's been on the cabbage soup diet for a couple of weeks. Ideal. 





2 comments:

  1. I love leather cuffs....admit to owning quite a few, everything from Mulberry to H&M!! I am very taken with the Kurt Geiger snakeskin one, definately looks like I need to add that to my collection!! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nop - I'm pretty late too. I've always liked leather bracelets and I use leather cord for most of my bracelets but they are a lot more delicate. Its funny, but I got myself a really cheap and cheerful one from H&M last week and got so many compliments about it - it looked more expensive than it's price tag. It wasn't even real leather but I bought it over a real leather one I'd been looking at in Jigsaw as all the ones I'd seen in there had scuffed hardware. Having thought that through, I might order one online - more chance of it not having been manhandled in the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I love receiving your comments.
Sarah.