Monday 15 September 2014

What If I kept it simple...

I have become increasingly aware that my fashion choices are not husband friendly. They aren't the sort of thing that men in general like because either they are so good because they are so ugly.  Arizona birkies anyone? Or because I've decided to buy into a new trend but the rest of the sleepy town I live in, including my own family needs a season or two to catch up with me. Leather leggings approx 6 years ago is a case in point.

I like an open toe Velcro backed boot, a MIH jeans boiler suit. A midi leather skirt and I've been wearing the said leather leggings since my mid forties. But in my heart of hearts I know that although I get approving glances from women, Him Indoors is secretly hoping that I'll go home and change into something less avant garde. 

So this season I'm going to be sensible and classic in my choices. 

I'm going to have the plainest cashmere jumpers
Loving this one from Zara






   

 




This one in good old M & S

M and S black cashmere crew neck




And my favourite Equipment Asher
Equipment Asher in Grey cashmere



The classic boots 

Can't go wrong with a Chelsea boot can you?

Well you can if you are me. Because despite my best intentions I am tempted to by pass this lovely pair in Clarks

Clarks classic Chelsea boots



and this gorgeous pair in Russell and Bromley.
Russell and Bromley Chelsea boot 




 And go straight to the pointy toe version from Acne Studios

Acne studios Jensen boots    Thanks to Sue of Best Friend Style. Tried to give you a link but it won't work for some unfathomable reason. 



or if funds don't permit this pair from Zara. Which I did try on this week in the shop and can't believe they are under £50.
Zara ankle booties





And the simplest of coats.


 No question. hands down its the camel wrap coat. For simple and understated restraint. And they seem to be knocking fifty quid off significant purchases right now. 





It's all a cunning plan though as it's just a foil for .... Let me see how did my very good friend put it the other day. ....my "quirky" style. 

Errr non taken. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I am looking for a V necked sweater, so your post landed in my in box at the perfect time, I'll be checking them out. Oh! Those Jensen boots are haunting me, they look amazing, thanks so much for the mention too. Love the camel coat, have you checked out H&Ms fringed camel coat, looks fab and not bad for under £70. I love the sound of your style, don't stop
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall certainly be in H & M faster than my little legs can carry me now. I have to make some amends for the little boot purchase I may have succumbed to and for which I am laying the blame entirely at your door

      Delete
  2. Your plan looks and sounds perfect! I absolutely love your style......all of this is right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hunting for a decent v-neck sweater for ages, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boring but true. And to update I ordered the ZAra one but you have to size up to get that slouchy look in their pic. Usually a small but need a medium at the very least

      Delete
  4. Love the camel coat and you can't beat a v neck sweater for autumn and winter. Great picks! Hubby regularly rolls his eyes at my fashion choices! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a cunning plan or having quirky style, it's not quirky it's fashionable and you need to tell them lol! Fab choices here, I think I will be in the market for a couple of jumpers having got the camel coat and chelsea boots x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very quickly hooked in there when I saw the first pic as it reminded me of a slouchy v neck cashmere jumper I have and thought this is a look I can do. I am getting somewhat challenged on the camel coat front though just like I am every year. Big sigh.

    And what's wrong with being a little quirky? Better than being boring. Better to be talked about than not at all ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit the styling of the first pic caught my eye. Not because of the jumper but because of the leather culottes it is teamed with. Now that would really give HIm Indoors something to mutter about.

      Delete
  7. Well I've had the husband turn his nose up at my pleated midi skirt....already in a bag to go back! But I think he would approve of the grey jumper and the camel coat. Lovely choices - I'm off to look on the Uniqlo site now...after my Gray & Osbourn post, I'm looking for more cashmere for my wardrobe! Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I love receiving your comments.
Sarah.