Monday 5 May 2014

I love Lucy.



Lucy Worsley in her 60's outfit 

Not from the 60's American TV series though ...as will be revealed. I do watch quite a bit of telly. There I've said it.

I get quite obsessed or should I say inspired by the stylish women I see on the small screen. For example, I do have a real Sarah Lund Gudrun and Gudrun jumper from the first series of The Killing. See me here papped especially for you.

Recognise the knitwear.
Staying with the Scandinavian theme.  For a while I scrutinised everything that Birgitte wore in Borgen and if I could have stomped around in a pair of leather leggings like Saga Noren in the Bridge, that would have been ideal for a while. And I loved watching the on screen detective series, Scott and Bailey just so I could spot the pieces that I knew came from Whistles and Russell and Bromley and the Alex Monroe jewellery.

So, you won't be surprised to hear that I am not only impressed by Lucy Worsley, whose new programme The New Georgians was brilliant, but I was also fixated on the the presenter and historian herself, with particular regard to her personal fashion style.

I have since done a bit of reading around the subject and have discovered some interesting fashion facts about Lucy.
The first being that she wears skirts and dresses with coats but doesn't own a pair of jeans nor does she wear trousers. When I told She Who has the Hormones this fact, she said " now that's commitment ". And I have to say I was equally impressed by Lucy's stance. Lucy favours high end - high street or " mainstige". A cross between prestige and mainstream, coined by Lisa Armstrong of the Telegraph. ( I will do what ever she tells me to do in her Friday column - maybe I should, blog about how Lisa has influenced me over the years) Lucy does not wear Primark (inethical) or designer (over priced). 
Lucy likes bright colours. 
And, stating the blindingly obvious. Lucy is fond of vintage looking clothes.  Certainly, her clothes on this week's programme were 



vintagey and colourful. I loved loved loved her yellow melange dress from this week's programme and I have not seen it on any website, so its provenance is a mystery. I have produced a copy below but sadly not full length. 

Lucy's style has to be admired if not copied.
Look at these pics of her. You can see she has a certain style well worth some plagiarising I think. 

I love this dress and the choppy bob looks great





The first pic is a coat. Lucy always has a super coat over her 
dresses. These were spotted at My Wardrobe and are by Goat.







I think Lucy would also wear dresses and coats from Hobbs, LKBennet and Jaeger and I pulled together a collection of Lucy esque dresses and coats below.
These are from LK Bennett.


These are from Jaeger







And from LK Bennett





Finishing with this coat from Hobbs that looks very Lucy and I spotted on Does my bum look 40 blog spot. Also, this dress would look great with it and it's a Hobbs dress.  




Last couple of days have been work days. Wish I looked like Lucy but I do like a trouser and blazer combo too. Still need to get the children trained in photo taking. 

Navy pinstripe blazer - Vanessa Bruno
Navy pinstripe trousers  - Vanessa Bruno
Pink thin knit  - Zara
Black patent shoe boots - Russell and Bromley (very old)
Pendant - Cos
You can tell it's nearly the end of the week!

Just about to leave for the beach earlier today. Wasn't the weather great for a Bank Holiday Monday? 



Blue chambray shirt - Theory
Khaki jumper - Acne Studios
Phoebe boyfriend jeans - MiH
Laurel skate shoes - Carvela by Kurt Geiger
Blue heart Lalique pendant (very very old)

I can't stop wearing those super comfy skate shoes. I don't think Lucy would approve though. 



3 comments:

  1. Never mind what Lucy might thing, the skater shoes and cuffed jeans look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Sharon....love the Laurel's with the turned up jeans!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing a trailer with Lisa Worsley in it and I thought what a striking lady she was - kind of quirky but chic. I liked her look - it's one of those where you can't put your finger on it but it catches your eye looks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I love receiving your comments.
Sarah.