Wednesday 25 June 2014

Club Tropicana

I could not offer you this post until I had already heard the weather forecast. I already knew it's going to be rainy and wet this weekend as I'd just heard the BBC tell me so.  Don't shoot the messenger. 

Here's a round up of pineapple festooned items I've spotted on my travels - to the shopping centre; not The Bahamas. Apologies to any one who knows they don't grow pineapples in The Bahamas  - let's just say they do for today even if it's not true. 
The point is, I haven't jinxed the weather it was already going to be pants. Sorry
 
In my possession is a pineapple pendant, it's a couple of years old and I still get asked where I got it and I got thinking, as I hum the tune to the Lilt advert ( do they still make that drink) I need a cheerful little piƱa colada inspired something. 

There's one in Oasis that's very similar




 
this t shirt could join you to the beach bar with a pair of favourite faded denim shorts. The  t shirt is £12.99 from New Look. 


Then I saw this rather gorgeous sweatshirt in the flesh in Topshop. A great cover up for now or you are going somewhere where it's hot but the air con is vicious; the sort of place where you go furnace to fridge - like  in about 5 seconds flat. Pair with white jeans or shorts and flip flops / espadrilles (aka the new flip flop). 







Just for fun - these shorts from Topshop would look great pulled on to go to the beach and will give that extra bit of lower half coverage when you eventually feel brave enough to put on that bikini. 

They also have these that go one step further with added flamingos 

Topshop seem to have wholeheartedly embraced that Agadoo spirit with these jeans, which I saw on an SA in my local branch last week. They looked great but sadly now in unavailable unless you can find a pair lurking on the sale rack of your local branch. In which case. Don't hesitate - get them. 


 Usually my work outfits are a bit repetitive so I don't think they are worth sharing  but I asked my eldest to take this photo as we were about to leave one morning.  Yes that is a skirt. 



Sandro jacket - old
Whistles split hem t shirt 
Freda a line leather skirt - old
Black patent wedges-old
Cos pendant 

Not entirely convinced those wedges go with that skirt. Just to prove skirts are a pain to get right. 

The Etre Cecile t shirt that I am so stupidly thrilled with, is a new sale purchase. Worn with my old leather cropped trousers and some new sliders (another sale purchase) to the local gastro pub for family meal out. 


T by Etre Cecile. New purchase 
Cropped leather trousers. Elizabeth and James - old
Sliders by Ancient Greek Sandals. New purchase 
 

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore sales items. It should be all about AW now ( Really? I do sometimes worry myself. How can I be thinking of October with all the lovely weather we've been getting?) but I know I'm going to get loads of wear out of this this t shirt - she says trying to practice  the justification speech.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, good things come to those who wait and you finally got your Etre Cecile t-shirt. Did you do a happy dance when you got them?

    And I like the new Ancient Greeks. I was trying on the Next cheap version and they were really flattering on. They have a slight bit more "elegance" about them if that is the correct word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried some Ancient Greek lookalikes in Topshop as well. Let me know how you get on with the Next ones. ..... but when the pre sale matches discount code worked on the AGC version I had to put my name on them. I could nt wait to get home the day my Etre Cecile t shirt arrived .....no more sales shopping now.

      Delete
  2. I love pineapples....such a happy looking fruit ;0) Love your last outfit...everything about it is super cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle It was one of those outfits when I ask everyone if I look a bit mutton and then ignore them!

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely pieces, adore that skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have found your blog! I loved your older post about the Swedish drama stuff....The Bridge, and Saga's leather pants, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you smile. I also want her her 70's khaki coloured Porche but that's a whole other story.

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love receiving your comments.
Sarah.